Age Limits, Eye Protection, and Related Info

Question about how Airsoft works at Range 14? Read through the threads in this forum to find out everything you need to know to enjoy Airsoft at Range 14.

Moderator: Coop

Age Limits, Eye Protection, and Related Info

Postby Coop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:50 am

10 Years of age or older is still one of our main minimum safety requirements, and this will not change, however, as Kitty and I do this for free, in our spare time, we are not running a baby sitting service.

It has been agreed upon that if you, as a participant, are under the age of 16, your Parent or Legal Guardian (AKA not a Friend over the Age of 18) must either:

A. Be playing with you, on the field, during the entire time you are there.

or

B. Must remain in or around the Safety Area (with eyepro if you decide to walk out of the safety area) during the entire time you are there.

The Kitty and I will check to ensure a Parent or Legal Guardian is available before you pay. Parents may rent Eye Protection from us for $5 a pair if they do not have their own. Non-Participating parents do not have to pay a field fee, but eye protection is required!

IF YOU DO NOT RENT EYE PROTECTION IN THE PARKING LOT, AND YOU OR YOUR GUARDIAN ARE FOUND TO NEED EYE PROTECTION AFTER SAFETY AREA OR AFTER GAME START, IT WILL COST YOU $10!

Players under the age of 18 must wear full paintball goggles. Mesh Masks, Shemags, ski masks, or duct tape are not adequate face protection. I don't care about the rules of other fields or events. This is R-14's rule. Players found lying about their age or disregarding this rule will be forced to wear the Bright Yellow, Full Head Helmet Referee Paintball Goggles, or asked to leave. I'd rather wear my personally owned black paintball goggles than the dirty, unwashed, scratched to all hell dork helmet!

Players 18 and up may continue to choose their personal preference of ANSI Z-87 rated eye protection, at their own risk.

And finally, for all players: Those told repeatedly (more than once, AKA until Kitty gets pissed off at you) to put their eye protection back on, will be issued the bright yellow helmet of +5 dorkdom. It is very selfish to take off your eyepro mid-game. We offer plenty of break periods, and players may go to the safety area at any time to clean their goggles. Taking off your goggles not only jeopardizes your eyesight, but the continuation of Airsoft in this state. It only takes one jackass to lose an eye before sanctions come down and ban the sport forever. Don't love it up for the rest of us!

Keep all forms of eye protection on your face until the referees determine it is safe to remove them. Just because nobody is shooting and we're all standing in a circle jerk doesn't mean mags out and weapons clear. Everyone must have Mags Out, and everyone must fire several clearing shots BEFORE we okay the taking off of eyepro.

All of the above points have definitely been improved over the last year, but this serves as a friendly reminder to our continuing regulars, and our ever growing group of new players!
- Coop
Event Producer
R-14 Airsoft

All I could do was stand there in disbelief as dozens of small children were slaughtered right before my very eyes.
And you want to know what the hardest part about all of it was?
My dick.

Coop: The human rectum is warm enough to hard boil an egg.
Cliffnote: I'm not falling for that one a 4th time.
Coop
Airsoft Event Host

Re: Age Limits, Eye Protection, and Related Info

Postby doozer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey I'm 14 and if my dad comes with me to the game and plays witch he will can I wear just goggles if he says I can?
doozer

Postby Coop » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Players under the age of 18 must wear full paintball goggles.
- Coop
Event Producer
R-14 Airsoft

All I could do was stand there in disbelief as dozens of small children were slaughtered right before my very eyes.
My dick.

Coop
Airsoft Event Host

Postby Coop » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Bumping this. A parent said this was hard to find.

It was the 2nd thread in the Rules and Information Sub-Forum.
- Coop
Event Producer
R-14 Airsoft

My dick.

Coop
Airsoft Event Host

Return to Rules and Information